Monday, September 10
1. Today is Day 4
2. 5th grade instrument rental night will be Thursday, Sept. 13 in the Terril Lunch Room beginning at 6:00. A letter will be sent home informing you of your child's instrument selection and containing some addition information regarding instruments. Each band student will need an instrument as well as a lesson book by the end of next week. Please email Mr. Pedersen at
with any questions you may have.
3. The 3rd grade will be going to the Clay County Fair Thursday, September 13.
4. Congratulations to Lucas & Kendra Hough as they welcome a new baby boy. They named him Cole Charles, he weighed 7lbs. 4 oz and was 21 inches long.
5. Reminder to students and parents that picture day will be Thursday, September 13 at both schools. Picture forms were sent home Friday.
6. PALO ALTO COUNTY ‘PACKING EVENT’, “THEN FEED JUST ONE” VOLUNTEER/COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECT:
We need 5th graders through adults to help package nutritious meals to send to Central America to feed the hungry on Saturday, September 22 at the Palo Alto County Fairgrounds. Shifts are at 8:30, 10:00 and 11:30 (please arrive 20 min. early). A $30 donation is also asked to cover the cost of the food and shipping ($30 will pay for 188 meals @ .16 cents/meal). To SIGN UP: contact Lois Stanley (852-2692,7. The Palo Alto 4-H County Council is again sponsoring the Pedal with Pete Bike Ride for Cerebral Palsy on Sunday, September 16th. Registration is from 1:30-2:00 PM at the Palo Alto County Fairgrounds with the ride beginning at 2:00 PM. This event is for bike riders of all ages and is a fundraiser for cerebral palsy. Pedal the whole 10.8 miles or only ride part of the route – it is up to you. Plan now to pedal for a cure!
8. Books Are Fun are here in the office. They will be taking orders till Tuesday, September 18.
9. Have a great Monday!