Friday, September 21
1. Today is Day 4.
2. All 5th grade band lessons will begin next week. Schedules are posted upstairs and in the band room. Students will need their instruments and lesson books for their lesson each week. Please plan accordingly.
3. Homecoming Activities for today: Today is School Spirit Day, "Purple, Black and Silver".
4. The cheerleaders are selling necklaces and tattoo's in the office for 50 cents.
5. The cheerleaders will be at the Terril Building around 9:30 today to do face painting for 50 cents.
6. The High Lakers 4-H Club will be holding it's first meeting of the new 4-H year this Sunday, September 23. We would like to invite new members to our pizza party meeting. All 4th graders are now eligible to join. We welcome anyone in any grades 4th - 12th grade to join us as well. The meeting and pizza party will be at the Bank Plus Basement in Graettinger at 7:00 p.m. Hope to see you all Sunday.
7. The GT Music Boosters will be serving a meal for coronation tonight in the Graettinger School Lunchroom serving from 5:00 to 6:30 PM. They will be serving maidrites, beans, chips, bars, and a drink. It is a free will donation. Please plan to attend and help support the kids with their upcoming music trip to Orlando.
8. The High School Music/Band students are selling Butter Braids to help with the cost of their trip coming up in March to Florida. We do appreciate the communities for your support in helping our students reach such wonderful goals. They will be selling them until Sept. 24th if anyone is interested in purchasing some please contact one of the high school music/band students or call Rose Meyer at 712-260-4256.
9. PALO ALTO COUNTY ‘PACKING EVENT’, “THEN FEED JUST ONE” VOLUNTEER/COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECT:
We need 5th graders through adults to help package nutritious meals to send to Central America to feed the hungry on Saturday, September 22 at the Palo Alto County Fairgrounds. Shifts are at 8:30, 10:00 and 11:30 (please arrive 20 min. early). A $30 donation is also asked to cover the cost of the food and shipping ($30 will pay for 188 meals @ .16 cents/meal). To SIGN UP: contact Lois Stanley (852-2692,
10. The Pirates 4-H Club will be having their September Meeting Sunday Sept 23(this Sunday) at 3PM in the Legion Basement. We will elect officers and also invite any new members to join our Palo Alto 4-H Program!
11. Parade today 2:00 in Graettinger.
Have a Great Day!