Wednesday, October 17
1. Today is Day 1.
2. This week Trombones/Tuba will have full band rehearsal on Wednesday and Woodwinds will have full band rehearsal on Friday. Also, full band with everyone will begin next Wednesday, October 24th. All band students will need their instruments and lesson books every Wednesday and Friday beginning the 24th.
3. Palo Alto County is planning to have a PINK OUT DAY on October 23. October is breast cancer awareness month so you are to wear your pink that day to show your support for anyone affected by cancer. Pictures can be submitted to
You may even make it in the paper! Then end your PINK DAY the Pizza Ranch way! Palo Alto County Relay for Life’s Committee will be hard at work for a Tip Night from 5 to 8 p.m. Prizes awarded to those wearing pink!
4.On Tuesday, October 23, the G-T School will be taking part in the Palo Alto Pink Out Day! We are asking staff and students to wear pink that day! We would like to have 100% participation as we will have our picture taken that day and it will be sent to the newspapers! Let’s show our support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month! We are asking that both communities take part too!
5. The G-T Booster Club has Knight football, volleyball, and basketball uniforms for sale. They are $25.00 and you can view these at the Graettinger Public Library. All money collected will be used for the purchase of new uniforms.
6. The Booster Club is now taking orders for the Titan Afghan.
7. October 22- 26 is Red Ribbon week. Monday:Tune out Drugs *Each grade level wear a color (K-Blue, 1st-Yellow, 2nd- Green, 3rd- Orange, 4th- Red, and 5th- Purple). Tuesday: PINK OUT DAY for Breast Cancer Awareness * Wear Pink. Wednesday: Hands off Drugs. Thursday: Living Drug Free is No Sweat. Friday: I can, you can, we can be drug free* bring in a canned food item to donate to upper Des Moines.
8. Have a great Wednesday!