G-T Announcements 1-24-14
Friday, January 24
1. Activites for today: JV G/B BB at Armstrong 4:00, Varsity G/B BB at Armstrong 6:00, Varsity Wrestling at Ida Grove 4:00
2. Activities for Saturday - Varsity Wrestling at Ida Grove 10:00, District Large Group Speech at Algona..
3. There is a change to the V G/B Basketball schedule: Saturday, Jan 25ths game with Marcus-Meriden-Cleg has been moved to Sat. February 8 at Ruthven.
4. Graettinger-Terril MS/HS will be having it's 2nd annual " SOUP'ER BOWL. Starting Monday, January 19 we will be collecting canned goods in the lunch room. Students are encouraged to put them in the box under the team they feel will win Super Bowl XLVIII. We will be collecting till Friday, Jan. 31. All donations will be given to the Food Pantry.
5. Here are some changes to the JH Girls Basketball schedule: Feb. 3 CCE at Everly 4:00.
6. ATTENTION SENIORS: The Graettinger Times would like your senior pictures ASAP! Please bring them to the office! Thanks!
7. There has been a change on our PD day for Febuary. We WILL be having school Feb 14th. and WILL NOT be having school on Feb. 21. There is still and early dismissal on Feb 4th. at 1:30.
G-T 1st Graders Learn the Glockenspiel!
Click the link below to see a brief concert!
Iowa Administrative Code defines "Homeless child or youth" as a child or youth from ages 3 - 21 years of age who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence and includes the following:
1. A child or youth who is sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason; is living in a motel, hotel, trailer park, or camping grounds due to the lack of alternative adequate accommodations; is living in an emergency or transitional shelter; is abandoned in a hospital; or is awaiting foster care placement.
2. A child or youth who has a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not designed for or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings.
3. A child or youth who is living in a car, park, public space, abandoned building, substandard housing, bus, or train station, or similar setting; or
4. A migratory child or youth who qualifies as homeless because the child or youth is living in circumstances described in paragraphs "1" through "3" above.
Non-Discrimination/No Child Left Behind Policy
The Graettinger-Terril School District and Board will not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information in accordance with all state and federal laws, rules and regulations.
The Graettinger-Terril School District and the Board will not discriminate in its educational programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, socioeconomic status, disability, religion, creed or genetic information in accordance with all state and federal laws, rules and regulations.
This nondiscrimination policy extends to educational programs, student activities and athletics, student behaviors, District staff members, the public, District employment practices, and all aspects under the jurisdiction of the Graettinger-Terril Community School District.
No Child Left Behind Requirement
Parents'/Guardian Rights Notification
Parents'/Guardians in the Graettinger-Terril Community School District have the right to learn about the following qualifications of their child's teacher: state licensure requirements for grade level and content areas taught, the current licensing status of your child's teacher, and baccalaureate/graduate cerification/degree. You may rquest the qualifications of an instructional paraprofessional who serves your student in a Title 1 program or if the school operates a school-wide Title 1 program or if the school operates a school wide Title 1 program.
Parents'/Guardians may request this information from the Office of the Superintendent by calling (712) 859-3286, or sending a letter of request to Office of the Superintendent, 400 Lost Island Street, Graettinger, IA 51342.