Dear Seniors, Parents and Guardians:
The Graettinger-Terril & Ruthven-Ayrshire Administration have met to discuss our options for Senior Awards Night and Graduation which were originally scheduled for May 6 and May 10 respectively. We have explored many options and had many ideas submitted to us by students, parents, and community Members. It is our desire to make every effort possible to hold an in-person graduation.Therefore, we have determined the following:
- Senior Awards and Graduation will be combined into one event if we are able to hold the ceremony in June.
- Ruthven-Ayrshire Graduation/Awards will be held at 2:00 PM on Sunday June 14
- Graettinger-Terril Graduation/Awards will be held at 2:00 PM on Sunday June 21
- Based on what we know from health officials in early June, we will determine whether these events will be open to the public, or whether they will be restricted to immediate family members.
- In the event we must restrict the event to immediate family members, the graduation will be livestreamed for public viewing.
- If, due to social distancing regulations we are unable to proceed on the June dates, we will attempt to hold both Graduations on Sunday, July 19. In the event that we still have social distancing restrictions at that point, we will instead do a virtual graduation.
- In this scenario, Senior Awards will be a separate virtual event in June at a date TBD
We know that the unexpected events of this spring brought on by the Coronavirus have been very difficult for all students and families, but especially for our Seniors. It is our great hope that we will be able to bring this period of difficulty to an end with a memorable Graduation event for the class of 2020.
Please due not hesitate to contact either of us if you have questions.
Jeremy Simington, G-T Principal
Jon Josephson, R-A Principal